Sunday, November 08, 2009

Rubbed the Right Way

Is this just a Las Vegas perk? Or can you go to a mall in other cities and find professional massage therapists who provide a variety of massages right there in a chair in the mall? There is a big mall right on the Strip with all the stores you would imagine for people who can afford to stay across the street at The Wynn: Neiman Marcus, Ann Taylor, Lacosta, etc. etc. Well, there is also an area on the main floor where you can book time with a massage therapist, right there and then. You sit on a special chair that leans you forward onto a support cushion, your face resting on a horseshoe shaped pad, arms resting on another support cushion, and get massaged. Depending on how much time you wish to pay for, you can get just a little comfort or quite a bit.

Now, I know when I mention "massage" and "Las Vegas" in the same paragraph, there are going to be some eyebrows raised. Undoubtedly, when this blog pops up, there will be disappointment for any number of people who google that phrase in anticipation of a Hot Time in Sin City. But, seriously, this is completely legit. You are right out there in the open, all of your clothes remain on your body, and it is very professional.

I paid for the neck, back, arms and shoulders version. A couple of days ago, I was talking on my cell phone while multitasking and I tucked the phone onto my shoulder and held it in place with my head while reaching for something with both hands. I was instantly smitten with a vicious muscle cramp directly below my right shoulder blade, that caused me to gasp and drop the phone. It caused me to gasp all day whenever I moved a certain way. So, I decided I'd go and get a rubdown on Saturday.

It was awesome. I wanted to just pay for another 20 minutes on the spot and sit back down. I felt ever so much better, and he pointed out that my shoulders were very hard and tense when he started. They were definitely relaxed when my time was up. I'd like to hire their crew to come over to our school and give these massages at the end of the day. (There are male and female and you can choose -- he was available and I'm not fussy.) So, if you have this little perk at an upscale mall in your area, go, go--it's better than a new pair of shoes, and less expensive too.

2 comments:

Debby said...

We have those in Maryland too.

FoxyJ said...

I should check it out; if we don't have it here, I'll have to do it next time I'm down there!