Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life Coach

CoolGuy recently noted that he understands Kitty Cat's life, and occasionally feels that he is living it:

Food magically appears when he needs some more. He likes to eat a frozen fruit bar as we soak in the hot tub each evening. Last night, he was impressed that when he opened the freezer door, instead of the lone lime bar awaiting him that he expected, there was a brand new box.

The door will open as if by magic. Or won't open. It's random. When I'm home, and I hear him coming down the street and slow down to pull into our driveway, I'll step into the garage and push the button that opens the door. Then, just as he enters the driveway, the automatic opener kicks in and he can just drive right into the garage. But, if I happen to leave while he is out--no magic--he has to put the kickstand down, enter the code himself, and then after the door opens, drive in and park.

Too bad he can't also just sleep 14 hours a day, get his ears scratched, and be adored by every kid who comes to the house.

However, I do love him. and he can cuddle up in bed by me every night, too.

As long as it doesn't disturb KittyCat.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is one of my favorite posts. I have been trying to convince my husband that we need a pet! I miss my cats from home.