Sunday, November 29, 2009

Music Season

It isn't just food season in December--it is music season. In my current ward I'm the organist, by default. No one else is confident enough to play the hymns. The only other person who is willing (and she subs for me when I'm out of town) is also in the stake RS, and isn't available half the time. So...it's me, again. I've been the organist by default in three of my four last wards (going back 20 years.) But, this time of year is my favorite time to play.

I love Christmas music. Today we were practicing for our program with the choir. The music director asked me what we should close with. I chose "Angels We Have Heard on High." She decided to have a little fun with me. Each verse she upped the tempo until we were really rocking. I felt like shouting "Huzzah!" at the end because it was just so exhilarating. I love that song--both playing it and singing it.

So, start thinking Christmas thoughts and sing or play on your instrument of choice some holiday music. It's all so terrific. (except for "Grandma Got Runned Over by a Reindeer.")

No comments: