Sunday, October 19, 2008

New, new, new, Change, change, change

I'll bet you thought this blog was going to be political, huh?? No, it's about church. We were invited to a meeting today at our stake center--my ward and the adjoining ward. Everyone knew that there were going to be some boundary changes, and so it wasn't a surprise. We held only Sacrament meeting, but it lasted 90 minutes so all the people who were formerly in the two bishoprics could speak.

The first step was that everyone in both wards was released from their callings, including the bishoprics. Then, they announced that the two previously constituted wards were also being entirely disbanded. They no longer exist: there is no more Christy Meadows and Viewpoint wards. In its place is a ward called Chapel Heights. It has been formed out of the center of the two previous wards. Some people in the edges of the two former wards were then moved to adjoining, pre-existing wards as the boundary changes were read, and illustrated on a power-point slide show that accompanied the stake president's explanation. Whew.

So, now, at this moment, I do not have a job at church. I have been instructed to take my keys and my handbooks to the bishop's home, and then...I guess all this week the bishop and new counselors will spend their time calling new people to all the jobs. Whew, again. Next Sunday is the ward conference for the new Chapel Heights ward. It was previously scheduled to be the Christy Meadows ward conference, so I guess we'll spend the time announcing all the new callings.

The new ward is made up of about half and half from each of the disbanded wards. Most of us will have been in duplicate callings in our previous wards. It's possible that both RS presidents and both Primary presidents are now in the same ward. Or that the YW presidents were both moved to different wards. Just as an example.

I don't have any idea who most of the new people are because they attended a different building. This new ward means a building switch for all us from the Christy Meadows ward. All of our Relief Society closet things from our old building will need to be moved to the new one, since that old ward doesn't exist anymore. This is going to be long process of change.

New! New! New! I saw many tears being shed...I secretly cheered that a couple of people who have been irksome to me in one way or another are no longer going to be in a ward with me...(I'm going to hell for this, I'm sure.) Change! Change! Change!

No comments: