Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy Times A'Comin'

Today I had at least twenty former students (now from 5th grade) stop me and ask if it was true that I am going to be on T.V. When I replied in the affirmative, they squealed---each one of them, each time. Whew. Think what is going to happen next Friday when they've actually seen it! And found out how much I won! Whew. But, just to slow down the questions, I made a little sign for the fifth grade hall to announce which days, what channel, and what time I'd be on.

The other question they ask is: Are you on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" Umm...no. I'm on the show apparently watched mostly by old ladies. But, I tell them, I'm probably NOT smarter than a fifth grader, so I didn't go on that show.

So, if you want to see if I'm at least sort of smart (mostly lucky) you can watch on:

Wednesday, Oct. 22
Thursday, Oct. 23

"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" With Meredith Vierra

It is a syndicated show, so it comes on different networks and different times of day in every city. You'll have to look it up where you live.
And, no, I don't have the money yet. They promise it within 30 days of the air date. And, yes, I'm nervous to watch myself. Actually, it was all a blur at the time, so it'll seem like I've never seen it, either. I don't remember which parts of our conversation were on-air and which parts were off-air, because Ms. Vierra was very chatty and pleasant during all the time we were sitting there, even during commerical stops, and technical difficulties. She had a long day--we started taping at about 11:30 and I left at 5:00 and they still had a show and a half to finish taping. We'd arrived at the studio at 7:30 that morning.
But, I'm not whining---I got a pretty good hourly rate that day in compensation...

No comments: