Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Saved My Back

Everyday, since I have returned to work, I have returned home with a searing pain in my right hip/back. And I know what causes it: my feet are not the same height. On the left, we have the ortho boot. On the right foot, we have whatever my latest attempt is to find a comfortable shoe that is tall enough. So far, none has fit the bill. Some have come awfully close.

But today:  BINGO! I did it. I found the shoe that makes my feet so near to an equal distance from the floor that my hips are the same height and I am not standing like a crooked old lady. My hip feels great! I don't have a knife-like stabbing in my lower right back. So nice....introducing my old friend:



Cowboy Boots!! Actually, these are my motorcycle riding boots. They have a little plate on the heel that says "Harley-Davidson" and I bought them at a biker store in California. But they're perfect!! And, fortunately, they are very comfortable, and I can wear it all day and not fatigue my so-called "good" foot. I wear a lovely blouse, and jewelry on the top, and jeans on the bottom to coordinate with the boot. I also like to wear my boots with certain skirts I have, too. So, until May 1st, when I'm back at the doctor, I'm wearing the cowboy boot. It'll be an exercise in creative dressing.


They don't exactly match, but then, nothing but another ortho boot would be a mate, and I'd just as soon avoid that. So...fashion aside, I'm going for comfort.


And this is my little sidekick who is standing by (not patiently, mind you) pointing out that it is waaaaay past time for her kitty chicken packet to be served. So I'm to quit typing and get into the kitchen and put my opposable thumbs to a more important use.

RIGHT NOW---MEOW!!

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

My goodness, your little sidekick looks like a twin to our Calico!