Friday, March 16, 2012

Moving Along in the Recovery Process

I started physical therapy today. Mostly it was just getting measured: how far my foot can move in various directions, and the strength (none!).  Then, she'll measure again halfway through and then just before I go back to the doctor at the end of April. I also soaked in the whirlpool with both feet and stretched and flexed.

Then, I practiced on my crutches. She adjusted them for my height. I crutched around the room and then called CoolGuy, who was waiting in the truck, doing work on his iPad. Yes, I'm using both feet (really, just a tiny bit of weight on my toe.) But now I can't carry anything!  So he hauled my purse and my scooter out to the truck, came back to hold the door for me, and I could get in and lift up my crutches and put them into the back seat all by myself.  It's my goal to drive myself to church on Sunday!!  I got home and dug out the backpack I'd bought last year. It works while I use the crutches.

Moving along here...moving along here. In one week, I hope to be finished with any walking aides, except for the boot. I'll get to take it off after the six weeks of PT. Anticipation...

No comments: