Thursday, March 15, 2012

Modified...

There's been plenty of talk here about my new feet. Both of them have now been rebuilt from the ground up. New tendons, metal plates, arches (at last!) But, it's been such a long process and, due to the need to wear the stupid ortho boots so often, I've really been missing out on motorcycle rides over the last two years.

Well, CoolGuy recently did a little changing to the seating arrangement on his bike, so he was inspired to do a little modifying to my scooter. It doesn't fly down the road any faster, but at least I can get the feeling of being on a chopper.


I'm ready to hit the road.


The sissy bar adds style, but sadly, no function.

CoolGuy thought up this little stunt. I like it!


 But, the good news: on Friday, I start PT and I get to move on to crutches. After a few days of crutching around, I can walk on the foot (wearing the boot, of course) and on Thursday next week, I'm planning to go back to teaching. I'll definitely need to take one of these photos with me to show the kids. They bugged me for two months to have CoolGuy attach some type of speaker system so that the scooter would sound like a motorcycle. They'll get a big laugh out of my "chopper-scooter."

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

You are such a cute 'biker babe'