Friday, July 01, 2011

A Week??

I can't believe it has been a week since I sat here and logged on to this site. It's not that I haven't been sitting here at the computer. It's just that I've been working on college stuff instead of blogging or doing anything else fun. I pointed out three weeks ago that I'd signed up for two classes during the accelerated summer term (June 6-July 7) at UNLV and I knew it was going to be a lot of work. But once school let out, I knew I'd have most of my days to just read and type, if need be. Ummm...that is pretty much what I've done, too. Whew.

Now, there are 6 days until everything is due. I have two huge projects to complete and one smallish one. It will take every minute to do them. But--on the bright side!  I will also have six credits finished! And both of my teachers have said, several times, "Oh, I've modified this assignment because we just don't have time for all of this in the summer term."  And I know I'm not the only one quietly exulting as we nod and murmur our thanks. This means I"ll have one required class in the fall, and then in the Spring term I can do my six-credit project/research/I-don't-really-know-I hope-my-committee-can-clear-this-up.  I think that there are still two pesky credits that I'll need to fill with some elective--hopefully I can find an easy one. I'd love to graduate next spring.

Tonight, after class, I stopped off at Seafood City to get some red snapper and shrimp and as I waited in line behind a lady who was handing bag after bag of whole fish to the gentlleman who'd then weigh, wrap and label it for her, I wanted to follow her home and watch how she turned it into a meal -- or several meals. It was a lot of fish. I'd like to be able to go home with the people who buy the 18 inch long whole squids and see what they do with that, too. I also poked the tongs at a pile of blue crab that were crabbily loafing in a bin and asked them how Maryland was doing these days. Perhaps, they were from Virginia. They didn't say--but they did give me the stink eye and wave a menacing claw in my direction. Crabs---yum. Plus, you don't mind throwing them in a big pot of boiling water because they are so crabby and would pinch your finger right off if given the opportunity. The red snapper was delicious and tomorrow I'm making fresh spring rolls with the shrimp--after I type and type and type some more.

No comments: