Thursday, May 02, 2013

In Praise of Modern Medicine

I'm lying here on couch, with a four inch long bandage taped to my shin. My leg is still orange from the betadine wash, and the word "yes" in permanent purple marker on the leg just below my knee.  I'm typing on my iPad. The surgery went very well, it didn't last long, the recovery will just be a couple of days. I have a deep incision in the muscle so he could get to the nerve, so it aches quite a bit. But...I have a really nice little pill that knocks that back effectively.

But...prepare the trumpets...when I stood to walk to the bathroom this morning, my foot did not have an ice pick jabbing into the side!!  So far, so good.  I'll test it again several more times as the weekend progresses. My leg is quite sore, so I don't feel comfortable really putting my foot through the paces.  So I'll let the surgical site heal up.but...looks good so far...I'm cautiously optimistic.

(And thank you so much for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers.)


No comments: