Thursday, May 02, 2013

Happy Birthday To Her

It's a birthday post again. Our second child, first daughter, is celebrating today. I heard that she's rubbing off on her daughter who got up and made a delicious pancake breakfast for her mother to celebrate! Being a good cook is a family tradition for them. I remember my daughter started to bake cookies when she was about that age, too--fourth grade--because, she told me, "I wanted cookies more often than you had time to make them. So I thought I'd just start making them myself." It was a success.

Now, she is a college graduate (all paid for by scholarships) and has just started a superb new job in a university library in acquisitions. It is probably the most appropriate match-up of interest to vocation I could ever imagine. Her----Library---New Books.  Here are some adorable photos to celebrate her life.
 
One of her first cooking successes: Christmas cookie decorating.


Ballet dancer

 
 Carousel riding in Seaport Village, San Diego
 

 
This is the branch from which she fell that resulted in that broken wrist.

 
So adorable...


This is not a particularly flattering photo...but it is a true rendition: reading all the time, regardless of whatever else needed done. (Such as finishing dressing.) She taught herself to read at three and a half and has never looked back. Her new job as a university librarian is exactly the right career.
 
LOVE YOU FAYE!

No comments: