Monday, January 16, 2012

Reserved Parking

While out running errands today, we stopped off to eat lunch at an old favorite, El Pollo Loco. In fact, it was the same one where we had a Grand Adventure last year. We pulled up in front of the store, and CoolGuy got out the handicapped parking permit hang-tag to put on the rearview mirror. Then we got out of the truck and I started limping into the store. He hung around a little bit, and I went in to wait for him.

We placed our orders, filled our drink cups, then sat down in a booth facing the space where the truck was parked. I said, "You know,  I'd be too superstitious to park in that space again, like you did." He laughed and pointed, "Yeah, I got out of the driver's side and thought about last year, too. Then, I looked down at the pavement and thought, hey...my tires fit right inside those paint marks there. Then, I realized, Oooooh...it's the same paint marks."


I got up and shuffled over to the window and looked. Sure enough, there were the truck tires, poised perfectly inside the marks the police had made last spring. I laughed and laughed. Everyone in the place turned to stare, but I couldn't stop laughing.

So, not only did we use the same parking space again, because we've got the hang-tag for the handicapped spot, but we also parked precisely in the "scene of the crime"---we have a private parking space at El Pollo Loco!! It's awesome!  This time, no excitement with the meal. Just some crazy lady, who walks funny, laughing her head off.


No comments: