Thursday, January 05, 2012

Nine-year Olds...Sheesh

These hiking boots are my steady footwear this week. I'm wearing both of them, with an additional brace thingy on my collapsed foot. Then, I also took my knee-scooter to school so that I can rest my foot whenever I walk out of my classroom. But, yes, I'm wearing hiking boots everyday.

Yesterday, a boy---out of the blue---pointed at my boots and said, "Those are old, aren't they?" I replied, "Well, yes, they are pretty old."  Then, he responded, "They're ugly, too." I replied...uh...when I could talk again..."Well, they aren't as cute as her shoes."  I pointed to a girl who was wearing some sparkly flats.

Now, he is one of those boys who is quite intelligent and has a good thinking brain. But, seriously, someone is going to need to help him with relationship/tact issues as he gets old enough to date, don't you think?

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

I'll be sure to teach my boys about commenting on footwear. Hi Earth Sign Mama, it's Rozann, The big D told me about your blog. So fun to find someone I know.