Thursday, January 19, 2012

Missing You

When I started on this business with the Stupid Feet, I didn't realize that I was also giving up one of my favorite things: cute shoes. It's been nearly two years that I've had one foot crisis after another, so my cute shoes have been gathering cobwebs in my closet. Just for kicks, I took some of them out and looked at them tonight. This doesn't even include the boots, or some of my "sensible" shoes in the other room piled under my dresser. (I have quite a few shoes...) I have some really darling red church shoes that I LOVE! Not to mention the comfy sandals by Ecco.

And, seriously, I don't even have that many authentically "cute" shoes according to today's standards of "cute shoes", since I've been such a flat-footed weirdo most of my life. But, the shoes that I do own, I really like to wear. And sometimes, having just the right shoes, makes an outfit so fabulous.

I realized after church last week, as I walked out to my car in my long, flowing skirt, with my hair up in a bun, and my hiking boots...that I looked like one of these ladies from Southern Utah.  But, I'll have to learn to fix my hair in that braid thing to complete the look.

Plus, I walk into the Young Women's room each Sunday, and look what I find. Adorable shoes, terrific boots, cutest flats.






Some day, I hope to rejoin the world of Cute Shoes. In the meantime, I'll dust my collection regularly and visit with them, now and then. I'll admire women's feet and compliment fourth grade girls on their darling little boots, and marvel over those teachers who wear heels all day. I'd just like to wear sandals again, seriously. I'm crossing my fingers that next summer, at the beach, I'll be styling with painted toenails and cute shoes.

No comments: