Monday, May 16, 2011

"Hurry, Timmy is in the Well!" Meowed Lassie

This morning, as I lay savoring the last few moments of slumber, I was disturbed by a harsh "meow" just inches from my face. In fact, three or four of them previous to that one had finally pierced my conciousness just before the extra loud one emitted by a whiskered snout right next to my own nose.

I remember thinking, "GO AWAY! I'm not getting up until my alarm rings." Then, I tipped my head up and opened one eye to view my clock to see just exactly in how many more minutes that would be.  EEEK! It was already 6:30 A.M. Why hadn't my alarm clanged away at 6:15 A.M. like I'd programed it do last night...oh, wait.

The red "A.M." light was not on. I quickly hit the alarm "show" button and found that, yes, in my fatigued state, I'd moved my alarm from the Sunday morning time of 8:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. My alarm, therefore, had about 11 hours and 15 minutes more until it would ring. But, I needed to be to school in 45 minutes---A.M.

So, I suddenly changed my irritation with the loud alarm cat to grateful apologies for her deep concern with my oversleeping.  Or, her pressing need to go outside, which coincided with my pressing need to be awakened--whatever.  So now, I call her Lassie.

No comments: