Thursday, January 18, 2007

Where is Kitty?

I just spent the last two hours worrying. I had been in the garage and saw the kitty out there, but then I haven't been able to find her since then. She wasn't sleeping on my bed--per usual. She wasn't on a dining room chair asleep. She wasn't locked in the garage or the car (I'd been getting something from the car, and hey...you never know. One morning I was fixing my lunch and the lower cupboard door was moving slightly and I could hear meowing--she'd climbed inside where the dishes are when I'd opened it to get a cereal dish and I hadn't seen her when I shut it...duh.) She wasn't under the couch, under the bed, on the spare room bed, in the closet where I'd put away the ironing board. She wasn't in any of the cupboards (yes, I looked). She wasn't coming when I called out the back door, or out the front door. She wasn't on the piano bench, or in the office chair. I could imagine myself still looking tomorrow and having to tell Cool Guy at the airport that she had disappeared and how sad he'd be. I could hardly imagine sleeping tonight without her curled up next to me. TWO HOURS I'VE BEEN FRETTING.

She just strolled across the living room floor--from where?? She's not telling.

1 comment:

B.G. Christensen said...

Maybe she was looking for Sophie.