Friday, March 08, 2013

Spring Has Brought Me Such a Nice Surprise

 
 
This is what greeted me this afternoon on my way to class, as I approached the education building on campus--


I love Spring! And on Sunday, it's time to Spring Forward and resume Daylight Savings Time. (Which is a weird concept...) (But I still like it because then I get maximum sunshine.) The plants here in the desert are starting to come back to life. The trees in my school parking lot have swelling buds and the air feels soft and fresh. Birds are nesting in the eaves at school. I'm so glad to have winter fading into the background. I'll bet I could plant radishes and lettuce and spinach. I guess I'd better get back outside and pay attention to my garden bed. It's probably time to put some pansies in the patio pots that used to have marigolds, until they froze in December. Digging the first dirt of the planting season is almost as fun as setting my clock forward. To quote another Primary song: Springtime is coming, is coming my way!

No comments: