Monday, April 30, 2012

What's Wrong With This Picture?


NOT A THING!
And do you know why?? Look at the feet...yes, two (count them!)
TWO shoes are being worn. So exciting!

I went to the doctor this afternoon and his verdict is that my surgery was quite successful, the PT has done its job---ergo:  I no longer need to wear the StormTrooper boot every day. However, he suggested I "toss it in the trunk, in case, at the end of a long day, and [I] need to stomp around a grocery store" then, I might want to have it available to relieve my fatigue and any aching.

So tomorrow I'll wear my hiking boots to school because they are my most supportive shoes. And, most of my other shoes don't fit yet anyway--swelling. The swelling will be relieved by two things: walking around without the cast, and compression stockings. Even as the cast protects my foot by keeping it immobile, it also prevents good blood circulation by keeping it immobile. So, the act of walking without the cast will help relieve the swelling, and wearing the compression stockings will also help counteract gravity a little.


Bet you can't even tell which one was the most recent surgery candidate, huh? Bet you're thinking, "Egads, both of those feet look like giant, inflated balloons."  Hmmm, yes they do.  By the end of the day, gravity is just not my friend. So, I'll go now and prop them both up, eat dinner while watching the latest new cop show we've saved on TIVO, and give them a nice rest until tomorrow. (BTW: it's my left foot that was most recently the Recovering Appendage.)



No comments: