Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Left Foot


Here it is. The storm trooper boot is affixed to my leg. Cool Guy keeps a steady supply of ice on it. I keep it propped up above my heart. Hurray for modern narcotic pharmaceuticals. Last night, about 3:00 A.M. all of the anesthesia wore off---woowwweee. Bring on the drugs. But the pain killers are effective when they're consumed in a timely way, so I'll be fine. It is already boring to lie around. But, I will obey the doctor, and just lie around for the next five days, because I want to heal up nicely for the rest of the summer. I go back in on Monday for a check up and perhaps then I'll have a cool photo of the pins sticking out of my toes (I'm told they are there.) In the meantime, I'm reading, sleeping, being massaged by Kitty Cat, and fed by Cool Guy. He's a good nurse--stern, but caring. I've got several books to read to help me step up the writing curriculum next fall and I'm excited to get to them. Thanks for all your prayers and good messages.

1 comment:

skyeJ said...

Wowo. That looks impressive. And painful. I was telling my friends about the total foot rebuild, and they all said to say "Get well soon, Skye's mom!"