Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Carpet Is Clean

Today I moved things out of the bedroom. We have a lot of books. And there aren't even any official book shelves in there. We just had so many piled up on the bedstand, it was quite astonishing. Then, I got the power drill and pulled out the screws holding the bedframe together. I wish I had more power tools. They take all the strain off the sore hands. I laid the sides onto the floor as they came loose and then went next door to see if my neighbor's strapping son and older daughter could come and carry all the parts out onto the patio.

Oops---the kids are all in California--Knott's Berry Farm! Good for them; they are guests of their little sister who won the trip through her cheerleading gig. However, that left me with no one handy to carry my wooden parts out of the way.

So, I got in the truck and drove up two blocks to the home of a lady I know who has a grown son who recently came back from his two years in Romania, and a son-in-law who are both living with them right now. The son-in-law is in the Army and they are in transition and visiting her folks for a while. Only the missionary son was home, so he and another hardy young dude in the neighborhood was called and they came and toted out the parts. Then they lifted my dresser around the corner through the doorway and VOILA--empty room.

So, I've been carpet cleaning for two hours and right now it looks lovely. Hope it still loves lovely when it's dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.