Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Blue Haired Old Lady

It's Reading Week! We're doing crazy stunts all week to celebrate reading! Today was Twins Tuesday, so you were supposed to get someone to be your twin. We had lots of students be twins with their sibling. We had several excellent twins between friends, too.

My grade level (there are only three of us) decided we'd be Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Thing 3. It seemed easy, and it was!  There were a number of other Things at school today, including the Art teacher who fashioned herself a badge that said, Thing [and then had the infinity symbol] under it. Ha ha ha!

Here's a photo of us three fourth grade things:

But here is the weird thing. I got a lot of acclaim from my students for the hair! I had morning playground duty, because it is Tuesday, and a variety of my students approached me, and then looked startled at who it was under the blue wig. In fact, three boys (they're nine, mind you) were so taken by the look that they said, several times, "You look really nice like that." or "Wow, I like your hair like that." or "That is so neat, it looks super."  They were very weird about it, actually. 

So, here's the question: Should I cut my hair short and dye it blue?


Or just go with the gray, long-haired old lady look for a few more years?


No comments: