Saturday, April 12, 2014

He was Right

CoolGuy, I mean. I went to school yesterday because it was the last day before Spring Break, and there was a fun event known as the Bike Rodeo. The students bring bicycles or scooters, and then each class gets to ride on a course painted on our playground. It includes popsicles and lemonade and a safety talk by firefighters. So, I really wanted to be there.

By noon, I was so tired. And all I'd done so far was teach two groups of 4th graders. We hadn't even gone outside yet since our grade's turn was at 2:00. Whew...I'd been to school before using the little cart instead of the crutches. But, as pointed out by my Nurse, not just two days after the surgery. So, luckily, the rest of the day flew by and we had a fun time outdoors, and I went home and collapsed on the couch. Literally...I was so tired. And my Nurse didn't even say, "I told you so" even though he'd been extremely skeptical about my decision to go to school Friday. I slept for 12 hours.

But, when I rolled onto the playground to pick up my class in the morning, I was greeted with cheers and my little students made me cards and I knew they'd be so happy that I returned. It was probably worth it. And I'm really glad it's Spring Break and I have nothing more pressing to do than lie on the couch and rest for a few days.

Three of our grandchildren dropped by on their way back home from their Spring Break visit to LEGOLAND. (oooh...weird....the computer makes that into an all caps word on its own...) (creepy.) A good time had been enjoyed by all and they were totally ready to sleep in their own beds and be at their own house again. It's so nice to be grandma. They're coming back this summer to hang out and go swimming for a fun few days.

Now, I will obey my Nurse, as best as I am able. I will lie around and prop up my foot and try to not whine about how boring it is. Seriously, I forget how boring it is to do nothing. It's fine for a few hours, but several days?? Not so much. I think that is probably a personality defect of mine. Sigh.

No comments: