Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SummerTime....

...and the thermometer's rising. Fish don't jump here--it's cooler to stay underwater. But, you could easily grow cotton! I'm growing tomatoes and lettuce (which I must go cut tonight because it will definitely not survive the weekend if it's going to be over 100 degrees. I'm also growing basil and geraniums. As long as they get water, those two love hot temperatures. Anyway, I just thought I'd share what my truck instruments were telling me tonight as I drove home from the teacher's union meeting.




It was hot in there, too. As you know, we teachers are the worst people ever, here in Las Vegas, because we wouldn't give back the raises that we received last fall. Which we were entitled to according to our two year old contract. But, no, school districts don't really need teachers, after all. I mean, if they pay us, then how will they afford the salaries for all the people who work in the district office? After all, what is school for? Teaching children? Come on...(Okay, I'll stop now.)

No comments: