Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Helpful Hint

When wearing light colored pants to school, be very, very careful how you eat your lunch. Yesterday, I was dining on my usual: salad with a sliced hard-boiled egg, chopped turkey, diced avocado and---the piece de resistance: sliced beets dressed with rice vinegar and olive oil, which I pour over the rest of the salad as the dressing...

.....When, (I'm sure you've guessed by now) I dropped a piece of beet. Yes, into my lap. Yes, onto the tan pants I was wearing. AUUGGHH! And it bounced back and forth, so that both legs were quite splattered. AUUUUUGGHH!!!

I spent the rest of lunch scrubbing with baby wipes and water to get the stains to a pale pink from the original rich, deep red . Then, I tried drying the large wet spots, that went the length of my upper legs, by dabbing with a dry towel and fanning with a piece of cardstock, but finally had to go to the cafeteria to monitor lunching students.

So, the moral of the story is: don't take beets in your lunch when you're wearing light colored pants. Or, don't be careless when eating beets for lunch when wearing light colored pants. Or, wear a rain poncho over your light colored pants when eating beets for lunch. Or, something...

No comments: