Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Cool Birthday

Today is the anniversary of Cool Guy's birth--happy birthday! He shares it with Dr. King, and that is a good thing, because every few years it means Cool Guy gets his birthday as a paid holiday. Here are some reasons I enjoy him:
  • He fathered great kids. They are handsome/cute as he is, and also as intelligent, too.
  • He thinks I'm the greatest thing walking and tells me so regularly.
  • He can fix everything. No, seriously.
  • He has a marvelous sense of humor.
  • He appreciates music.
  • He'll eat anything I cook.
  • He washes dishes.
  • He reads all the time.
  • He lets me ride the motorcycle with him.
  • He gets me upgrades to "ruling class" on flights.
  • He edits my writing.
  • He's cute. Still.
  • He knows who wrote and performed almost every song.
  • He gets excited about things I get excited about. Most of the time.
  • He is kind to animals and likes pets. Even cats.
  • He has always earned a living for us.
  • He sends me flowers.

Well, this is just a partial list. It's late, but I wanted to have this posted so he can see it first thing and know that, out here in the land of the setting sun, we (KittyCat and I) are thinking of him, way back there in the land of the rising sun. (no, not Japan---Maryland...)

Happy Birthday Cool Guy!

No comments: