Thursday, November 06, 2008

Copy Cat, The Fourth

Okay, I'm just too tired tonight to be orginal, so I'll copy Foxy again...she's such a dear to not go running off to her mother shouting, "She's copying me again!!"
Here's the fourth photo in my fourth folder:This is the view from the edge of Hog Island, Maine. I went there on a scholarship from the Southern Maryland Audubon Society to attend Bird Camp. Actually, it's the Audubon Camp, but it has become Bird Camp in the family lexicon. Totally outrageously awesome place. I'm going to return someday. This is a lobster boat whose crew was out checking the traps. They sounded like tractors, appropriately, because their owners were out there "farming" the ocean. This is July, 2000.
I just had to add another image from Bird Camp. This is with the tide out. The tide changed twice a day, ten feet at least, each time. We were quite close to the Bay of Fundy there, and those tides are reknown for their extremes. I was more accustomed to the less dramatic tides of Southern California, so these big changes were interesting to me. The building is the lab where we looked at water organisms and also made our algae prints. Yup, gotta go back. Maine is a place you must return to over and over.

No comments: