Friday, March 07, 2008

Weekly Summary

Weird week---several really terrific things that either aggravated me or were delightful happened but I CANNOT blog about them. Some of them have to do with test security at our school since we were taking the big state test this week. Some of them are just too personal. It's interesting how when something happens now, the first thing I want to do is blog. It's not like it's private or anything! So, some things just can't go here.

Here's a couple that can:
  • Is it just me, or is local TV news--in any city--the most vapid, obnoxious form of information available?
  • Don't you love chocolate covered orange sticks? I got a package for my birthday and they are simply delicious. I don't like any other kind of chocolate covered fruit, orange sticks are irresistable to me.
  • Whew--I don't know if you've heard about the medical clinic scandal here in Vegas, where a series of endoscopy clinics have been closed by the health dept and city because they re-used vials of medicine for more than one patient, thereby contaminating them with blood borne pathegens, but when I contacted my doctor about the location of my tests two years ago, they assured me that it wasn't there. Whew--several patients (over a four year period) have contracted Hepatitis C and B and they're waiting on the HIV tests. Whew.
  • I love spring: flowering trees, soft air, daylight lasting until 6:00 P.M.
  • Cats are such a great pet. They love you, and when you neglect them by staying away from home for 12 or more hours, they still love you.
  • It's time to garden! I get to plant tomatoes and beets and peas!

No comments: