Monday, March 12, 2007

Can You Spell I-D-I-O-T?

It's late, but I'm still puttering around. I put the clothes in the dryer. Then I got in the car to get out some old books I'm giving away when I heard piteous meowing. From where??

I opened the big door, thinking she was outside. No...I re-opened the car door--perhaps she'd climbed in earlier when I was unloading from the store. No...

Piteous meowing again--I look up and up--there, in the rafters of the garage, staring down at me like I am supposed to do something: The Idiot, aka, Kitty Cat.

For a week, whenever I've had the big door open, she's been jumping up on the car roof and gazing longingly up into the rafters of the garage, and meowing at me about...some important cat-thing.

So, evidently tonight, when I was unloading the car, leaving open the big door while I checked the mail, and transferred things from the car to the truck (for my drop-off at the thrift store)she indulged her yen to see just what was in the top of the garage.

There are a couple of plywood sheets across some of the rafters where we store some luggage and an assortment of other infrequently used items. And maybe there is a colony of mice, or rabbits, or birds. Or maybe it is just a dark hole that has been whispering to the Kitty Cat: explore me, explore me--you still have a couple of lives left--you can't be killed by your curiosity...yet.

No comments: