Friday, June 13, 2014

Is This The End?

Well, I went to an appointment with my foot doctor this week. I wore two shoes. I took off the cast when school ended. I'd worn it since the first week of April, after the latest surgery, just to protect my foot. I'd foolishly taken it off after ten days, when the stitches came out, because I felt pretty good. However, after about five days with no cast, I got to the middle of a school day with a throbbing foot that felt like it could only be cured with an ax. Instead, I texted CoolGuy to please bring over my cast. Which I then did not go without until school had officially ended and I could sit down and walk fewer miles.

It seems to have worked! Between the right foot's cast allowing that surgery to heal, and the left foot's ingrown toenail surgeries (yes, plural) and their eventual...finally...healing, I left my foot doctor's office this week with----wait for it (!!) ---

no follow-up appointment.
 
Yes, read that again...I do not have another scheduled appointment at the foot doctor.
 
***fine print addendum: at this time, I do not have obvious reasons to return to the podiatrist. This does not rule out any future ped-collapsing as has happened in the past. This also does not indicate wonderful feet on my part. Any claim to have "good" feet, or "fine" feet on the part of the writer of this blog is to be taken with a very, very large grain of salt. She will never have good feet. But if she can go through another school year without having to have any foot surgeries it will be a year of celebration and jubilation. Huzzah!


No comments: