Sunday, January 06, 2013

It's Vegas Style, Baby

It's a beautiful, blue-sky morning here in the desert. The sun is shining across the valley, highlighting the palm fronds as they shimmer in the slight breeze. I stepped outside to look at my back yard and this is what greeted me.

 
 
It's been really cold here for about three weeks. Brrrr....the pool water is 40 degrees. I was complaining about it to my sister from Wyoming. She pointed out that her temperature was -10 when she pulled into her school parking lot the same day I'd taken this video. Yes, yes. Also, she added that her principal had come to Las Vegas for their winter break and he'd had a really nice visit. He even laid out by the pool, he told her. Sooooo...I'm not only a weather sissy, but I've become acclimated to my bizarrely hot weather, so that when it is seasonally cold---it does this every winter--I become shocked and whiny and feel offended by the low temperatures.
 
So, I'll stop now. But I thought you might get a kick out of my frozen spa and pool. It is somewhat odd to live in a place with such temperature swings. It's just another way that Las Vegas lives up to its reputation for being never moderate, but always extreme.
 
Here's CoolGuy's new ninja-biker get-up for these shivery mornings. It's not raining or snowing, and the sun is shining, so it is a rule that he must ride the motorcycle.
 
 

No comments: