Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brrr....Revisited

The "high" today was 47 degrees! It finally crept up there by 1:30 P.M. Also, the wind kicked in again, so it was extra chilly when you were standing out in it. I know, I know...all you folks out there in the Rocky Mountains, or some other region where winter means that a "high" of 47 degrees would have meant that you didn't need to wear a jacket, are scoffing at me. However...we are in the desert. So my students don't remember that every winter it will be pretty chilly for a few days. And today was definitely one of those days.

I only feel sad for those folks who've saved up their money to come to Vegas Baby, and were hoping for some warmth. They aren't getting any on this trip. Sorry. Come back in May. It'll be mighty warm by then.

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

I'd love to be there! We having a blizzard right now and expecting about 12" of snow accumulation. It's all relative!