Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back in the Game

And by that, I mean the Cute Shoes game. I've always had weird feet, and I've always searched for cute shoes that would fit on my weird feet, and allow me walk in them. There are a lot of cute shoes out there.
 But I can't really wear most of them, especially now, because they don't offer the support need by my newly reconstructed tendons.
I don't have room in these for the icky new shoe inserts that I ought to wear. But mostly, I'm just not able to balance enough to wear heels like this. My toes aren't really helpful like they used to be. 



Even these cuties don't offer enough support, and I'd just be aching and limping if I wore them for  few hours.

However....CoolGuy was looking on-line recently, and found a website that offered clothes to people who love to go to certain car shows and have a particular taste in music: rock-a-billy. He was looking up the details for the Primer Nationals in Ventura, California, that is held on the Labor Day weekend each year. We went a couple of times and it is quite fun. The show is for cars and trucks older than 1968 and motorcycles 1969 and earlier. CoolGuy's bike is a 1969, so he sometimes thinks of entering it. I don't know if he'll enter it this year, but I think we'll still go. We lived in Ventura County for six years, and we'd really like to live there again, actually. But it is a fun weekend to take the motorcycle, and just spend a couple of days checking out old cars and motorcycles, and riding up and down the Pacific Coast Highway.

So, here's what CoolGuy found for me on this website:


Kitty Face Mary Janes!! Check out the tail below:


They are leather, they have those nice thick soles and they support my stupid feet very nicely. I've been wandering around the house wearing them since the FedEx guy dropped them off. I'm SO excited to wear them to school. Don't you want some, too??

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

Absolutely darling! Your students will love them.