Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Been anticipating it for six weeks because it was the day I was to get the boot off. Except that I didn't get the boot off. That will happen in a few more days when the office gets the insurance authorization for an ankle brace. So, instead of a photo of me walking out of the doctor's office on two feet in shoes, we have no photo. Blah. And I still have the boot on.

But, they should be calling me in a few days, the doctor assured me. Then I'll go back in and get the brace, and also get my foot cast for a new orthotic to match the "new" foot--the old orthotic doesn't fit anymore. I'm to wear the brace (apparently it is an adjustable contraption that allows me to modify the support as I need less or more and can be worn with shoes) for several more months. So, I'm resigned to wearing sensible shoes for the rest of the summer, possibly the rest of this year. Maybe the rest of my life? Not borrowing trouble right now, thank you.

Weirdly, I also have developed tendonitis in my Achilles tendon. The last three days, I would get a sharp pain that stopped me from walking (and alarmed all the people around me at church and school!). But the pain diminished and went away again. He felt all over my ankle and identified it as tendonitis (pinching certain places causing me to leap half off of the examing table.). So, I get to ice it and rest it and use the brace. Good grief! I love how my body can invent these new ailments over nothing. 

So, all week I've had that dopey "Friday, Friday!" [actually not this exact version...]song in my head, only I switched the words to "Monday Monday!"

It's Monday, Monday
Gonna lose the boot on Monday
Lookin' forward to the weekday, weekday
Monday, Monday
Gonna lose the boot on Monday
Everybody lookin' forward to the weekday, weekday...

Thank you, thank you--I am pleased to be the person who has now inserted that horrible melody in your head. But, if you go back and read the title of this blog, and look up the lyrics for the Mamas and Papas tune, then you can eject the Rebecca Black tune and replace it with the geezer song. You're welcome.

No comments: