Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

When I was a little girl getting ready for the first day of school, it was always so exciting. I am a little bit excited today, too, as usual. But the actual reason for this post is the weather. It feels like the first day of school in Wyoming here today.

It is 65 degrees right now...in August...in Las Vegas. Bizarre. It was windy all weekend and I guess it just blew the hot right out of here. I expect the temperature will creep back up to the "normal" range this week---low 100's. But it is very odd today to wake up and see that thermometer below the 80 mark. In July, it didn't dip below 90, even at night. Bizarre.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Happy New School Year! Today was our 4th day with students. I am enjoying my new students. They are so excited to be in 4th grade!