Monday, March 29, 2010

Grandparent Time

We made a quickie visit to Utah--going up Saturday and returning Sunday--for a family event. Our newest granddaughter was blessed with her name in church. Then we all went over to their house for a nice brunch. We had all of our grandchildren in one spot, and I guess I flunk Grandma school, I didn't take a picture of them all together or even one of each kid. I took several of their parents, and did not manage to photograph each of the progeny. Doh.

But it was a pleasant trip. The weather was excellent during our driving and while we were there. All the people we visited with were casual and cheerful. It was very nice.

On Tuesday night I'm going to fly out to Maryland to visit some old friends and to celebrate the birthday of our son who lives there. Then Saturday, I'll come back and get ready for a visit from our daughter and her kids who are coming to spend their Spring Break in the sun. Plus, her husband has to be out of town, so she can relax with the new baby and Grandpa CoolGuy will entertain the troops. Grandma will be teaching all day. But I'll hurry home so I can be part of the fun, too. Sandbox, swimming pool, bunny bread--it'll be a good time.