Tuesday, November 20, 2007

3 Days of Thanks

Today, thanks goes out to all the geniuses (and I use that word for its exact Webster's meaning) who dreamed up computers. This one tool is such a life-saver for a teacher.
  • making documents
  • revising documents
  • my lesson plan template w/cut & paste tool
  • making and printing off labels/lists
  • clip art
  • report card programs
  • in-house e-mail
  • learning programs
  • the INTERNET (and the jillions of sites to help you with ANYTHING)

Probably there are more things that could go on this list. I couldn't teach like I do without this fabulous tool. Just being able to write my own spelling tests on a template that I can easily revise each week is only one little tiny piece of the whole gamut of useful uses. I revel over computers! I rejoice for computers! I love, love, love computers for being such a workhorse in my classroom.

Plus, I really love having this blog---I'm a born blabber-mouth---this blog is the ultimate outlet.

1 comment:

FoxyJ said...

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. At BYU my students even got to take their tests on the computer and it would grade them for me. Lovely. Yesterday in class we were talking about Antonio Gaudi and so I brought up a website on my classroom computer and showed them pictures of his art. Computers are great for foreign language classes because students can easily find "authentic content"--stuff written in the language for native speakers. The other day we did an activity where they had to look up weather reports for other countries.