Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Home" Again, Jiggedy Jig

We moved back to the cabin today. It took about three trips. The first trip I had the students carry their own books. The next two trips I loaded them down with items I had carried over, bit by bit, in the three weeks we've been exiled. Then, I spent about two hours after school completing the move, and sorting and putting things away. Whew.

It still smells funky, but there are no more cheeping sounds in the air vents. Tonight I went to the store and bought a variety of air freshing items to attempt to mask the ick. The students reactions to being back were amusing: "I love this room!" "I'm so glad to be home!" etc. etc. There's nothing like your own stuff.

18 days!!!! Whoooo--hooooo!!!

(But, oy-vey--the things I have to get done in those 18 days...)

No comments: