Thursday, November 19, 2009

Eye-Check

Everyday after school I am stationed at the street corner, wearing my fluorescent yellow vest, raising my stop sign aloft so students can cross safely on their way home. Today at the end of my 12 minute shift, a fellow came walking up the sidewalk with a rope in his hand. Curious...

He was looking for his dog. I told him that I'd been out there since 3:30, but we hadn't seen a black dog. We'd have noticed because all the kids would have been trying to pet him. The guy was distressed because he'd been working in his yard and the dog was just there. How could he have gotten away so quickly?

Then he said, "Well, thanks, young lady, for your help. I'll keep looking."

Well, there's his problem: he called me "young lady"--clearly, the dude needs glasses. Of course he can't find the dog. Probably can't see him.

No comments: