Friday, May 01, 2015

Happy May 1st!

I celebrated by going swimming! First Swim of the Season! It was chilly, but excellent after I just got right in and started to swim. The ocean is colder. It felt great! I'm going back in tomorrow.

Today, in Las Vegas, it was weirdly humid. We were on the playground at 9:45 A.M. to have our Friday flag ceremony, (we have a delayed start time on Fridays) and my class was in charge. So, I hurried up there with all the stuff we use, signs and banners with our motto and stuff on them, and stepped outside to a blast of sticky hot air. It was a flashback to mid-summer Maryland. Well...it probably wasn't THAT humid. But it was bad enough that sweat was running down my face and neck, and all my little students were red-faced and complaining.

It didn't improve by the time I went out to cross children over the street, as is my job after school. When I finally left for home at 6:00 P.M. I was so sweaty and sticky that I knew this would be the day I was going to go swimming. It's just a little bonus that it is the first day of May. It was still 95 degrees and humid, and that cool water felt superb!  Summer is coming!

P.S. Today's date is: 5-1-15. Now turn it around...it's still 5-1-15. Neato!

No comments: