Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Good News...

This afternoon, it was 73 degrees as I drove across town at 3:00 P.M. !! That's more like it, Las Vegas!


The bad news...
 I was driving across town because I'd been visiting the endodontist. Yes, that is the dentist who specializes in root canal treatments. Blah. I'm scheduled to have my latest root canal next Thursday. But, if it means I'll be able to chew on the right side again, then, bring it on! 

So, anyway, I don't think the pool will have ice on it anymore. I moved all my outdoor potted plants back out to the edge of the patio and gave them a nice soaking with the hose since the outdoor irrigation is turned off. The geraniums are still blooming. I'll need to pull up the dead basil and tomato plants from where they finally were killed by the frost in my garden bed. But, I still have two tomatoes to eat from the second crop greenies we picked and brought in last week on the night they were predicting the first frost. And I have a cup full of nicely dried basil leaves that I'm using in the yummy stews and soups that have been our dinners during our annual "winter" here in the Mojave. I love that it only lasts for two weeks. I'm pretty much over it now, so the balmy temperatures are good to see.
  Weather Sissy signing off for today.... 

No comments: