Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring

It's here. I hope it is also happening where you are. Spring, I mean. Just now, I went outside to add some carrot peelings, kale stems, and onion ends to my composter, after preparing dinner. The air was so soft and pleasant. There was a faint glow in the sky over the western mountains still, although the sun had set some time ago. A few stars were starting to appear. My neighbor's tall palm tree that towers over the corner of our common wall was stirring slightly in the evening breeze.

Today, I reveled in the fabulous morning weather while I stood on the playground, checking off the names of students as they arrived.  Several of my fellow teachers and I were at school for a couple of hours for "CRT Camp." This is an event we hold on a couple of Saturdays this time of year in anticipation of our high-stakes yearly tests. We invite the entire grade level, and usually get about 1/3 of our students to come. We spent the morning rotating to our different classrooms, focusing on test taking tips, and squeezing in a few little extra points of curriculum. Plus, in between each 40 minute session, the students get to take a lap around the interior hall of the school! (The real reason they come...)  We almost didn't want to go inside because the day was so fantastic! Clear skies, puffy clouds, a small breeze accompanying the brilliant sunshine. Sigh. I love this time of year.

But, even when the temperature start to climb, and summer takes over, I will still love living here. I'll just be loving it from the swimming pool.

No comments: