Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Family Fun

I was going through my phone and found a few more photos of Grandma Camp. This guitar shot is great because of the resemblance to an uncle who used to make a similar face.

 
It runs in the family to imitate Billy Idol, I guess.

 
He makes music for a career now.
 (all-star Baltimore engineer...)
 
 
Here's sister riffing, too.


And, a popular favorite: We went to Tournament of Kings. There are similar medieval-themed dinner shows in several other cities, and if you haven't gone, I highly recommend it. First, you get to eat with your hands. They bring dinner, but no silverware. You can tear apart the chicken with your fingers and raise your mug high and shout "Huzzah!!"  In fact, you are instructed in the proper way to shout it and how to raise the mug. It is a very interactive event. It's like a rodeo in armor. Nice horses, daring riders and dancing girls. Very family friendly...Plus they sell swords and helmets.

 
Somehow, I need to incorporate this into my classroom to let
 my students realize that I am the boss and they can't mess with me.

 
Sister was leaning back and trying to avoid the sword play.
 
 
So I gave her the helmet to show that she had the authority to tell them to behave.
 

No comments: