Thursday, November 01, 2012

Being Thankful

I decided to write a post each day (well, try for each day) in November to express gratitude. I need to develop the habit of searching for something specific each day in order to boost my spirits and to become more aware of all the great blessings with which I am endowed. Some of these posts might be a little weird...but so am I, so it'll be appropriate, huh?

For instance: today I am grateful for my co-workers. I have several excellent ones, and this is one in particular who is talented, reliable and hilarious. His sense of humor is very dry, so this Halloween costume was especially epic because it was right out there. He is my fifth grade counter-part---the writing teacher.

I didn't expect him to wear a costume for Halloween. I don't recall him wearing one ever before. But this year he had the Best Costume Ever--especially for a writing teacher.

He had a pencil "stuck" in his forehead. And, it looked very realistic! 

 
Close-up--This lighting kind of messes up the effect one experienced in-person. His make-up artist had done an exceptional job. It looked quite gory.
 
 
The nametag completes the effect.

 
And he isn't the only great person at my school. We have very little turn-over because it is such a great place to work, with really terrific teachers, aides, and staff. I'm blessed to work there.


No comments: