Sunday, July 29, 2012

Frankenfoot--The Finale?



Look what I wore to church today:


Regular shoes! On both feet! At the same time! Cool.

Of course, I sit most of the time at church, playing the organ or the piano. But, it was a very exciting moment when I put these sandals on and realized that my feet weren't swollen and I could, in fact, put on the sandals! So, I wore them to church and I walked just fine, and everything felt excellent.

I discovered at beach camping that walking around in sand is a really theraputic activity for my feet. The sand supports my feet, but, it also moves. I was not hammering my feet against a hard and level surface (like every floor) but, the action of walking around on the shifting sand made every muscle, joint and tendon flex and move and support my body, but also allowed it to be supported. So I was flexing everything, using everything, and there wasn't any pounding involved. It was terrific! I've decided to make myself a sandbox to walk in. I have a big container (with a lid so no one ... KittyCat... gets the wrong idea) and I'll walk in place in it everyday to strengthen my weirdo feet.

Anyway, it was a thrill to wear church-like shoes again (not sneakers) and have my feet actually fit in them and to have walking around feel somewhat normal. Yeah!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Yeah! What an awesome feeling to be wearing pretty shoes!