Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

Periodically, I think of things that would make part of a good blog, but not an entire one...so today, I think I'll just make a lot of little random thoughts into one entry.

  • Hey, we went to El Pollo Loco today for lunch and no one shot at us!


  • Do you ever wish you could just walk up to people's homes and ask if they'd take you on a tour of their house and yard, because it looks so interesting from the outside and you'd like to see the inside? I do.


  • I'm officially tired of being bad-mouth as a teacher by those who don't like the politics of teachers unions. Did you ever consider that some of us don't like our union's political positions on everything? But that we are members anyway because we need the power of our local organization to help us get a fair deal in our day-to-day dealings with the district?


  • Daffodils and California poppies are the ultimate harbingers of spring for me. Although, tulips are right up there. Ephemeral yet hardy: they grow when it isn't quite warm yet, can survive being snowed on and come back to glow another day.


  • I heard this in a talk once, and now I can't find my notes. But this is the essence: People get upset with church leaders and reject the whole church. Compare this to a bad experience you might have with a toaster or a lamp: would you reject electricity because you had a bad experience with an appliance? Then why would you reject the priesthood/gospel when you just had a bad experience with a priesthood appliance?

  • Why is it that when you have an ache or a pain, that it is multiplied many times and exaggerated when you're trying to go to sleep at night? I have had such a lot of trouble sleeping since I've had this surgery. I almost dread going to bed at night. I'll stay up so that I am drop-dead tired before I'll attempt getting into bed, just so I don't have to lie there and feel every little thing hurting or bothering me preventing sleep.

  • I'm really sorry that we didn't get another dog when our last dog died so long ago. It wasn't fair to our younger boys to have spent so long without a dog. Everyone needs a dog in their life while they live at home.

  • Is bacon just a great food or what?

  • But cheese is a pretty awesome food, too...
  • 1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Have you tried melatonin? It works well for me if I need help sleeping. It conked me right out. You won't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night and not remembering it like Ambien can do. :)