Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Moving On

You know, we had one of my most squirrely boys move to another school this week, and (I really feel badly acknowledging this) I'm so relieved.

#1 He won't be counted in our test scores.
#2 He was such an exhausting child to have in class.

But, at least I also have regrets.

#1 We'd figured out a plan to help him improve, we were implementing it and he was making gains. I don't know if he'll get it at his next school.
#2 He and I had developed a rapport, and I hope his new teacher will try to do that, too.

I'm glad he got to go on the field trip with us. He really enjoyed learning from the real world like that. Plus, his mom told me at parent conferences that she doesn't take him places because he's too much trouble and she was very clear that she doesn't like him much. Poor kid. New house, new school, same mother.

1 comment:

Debby said...

I totally understand! You work so hard trying to make progress, build up a rapport, figure out how to help them be more successful and then they are gone.