Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The End is in Sight

Okay, all that is left is the final exam. Yeah! I went to the last official class tonight of "Descriptive and Inferential Statistics: An Introduction" and I have the take-home portion of the exam to do between now and next Wednesday when I will take the in-class portion of the final. I'm so excited, or I would be if I weren't so tired. But with the end in sight, I'm gaining a little steam.

Today we had the awards assembly at school. This has been preceded by about two weeks of preparation which included:

  • checking lots of papers and entering grades (because of procrastination a big-ish pile had grown)
  • writing comments for 78 students about their writing
  • parent conferences for three days
  • figuring out who was eligible for which awards (attendance, honor roll, citizenship, most improved)
  • revising the comments after the principal read them
  • looking at each kid's report card on the computer to see if anyone had a standard that we'd missed
  • sending out the invites to the parents for the awards assembly
  • typing and printing the awards certificates
  • re-printing the awards certificates after messing up about half of them because the printer had some type of heart attack
  • staying after school and using the printer in the computer lab to print report cards because my printer has officially ceased acknowledging my computer
  • signing all the report cards and the awards certificates
  • stuffing report card envelopes (very carefully--twice in my career I've mixed up kid's cards and it isn't good)
  • go to assembly, read all names correctly
  • have mom stop you in the hall and ask why her kid didn't get his award when she received the invitation
  • go to classroom and look at list and realize you overlooked printing his award--arrrrgghh
  • give him a tissue to dry his tears
  • print off reward in co-worker's room
  • include certificate to Carl's Jr in his report card to make ammends
  • send everyone home with report cards
  • rush off to graduate class
  • come home and collapse

But, now that the end-of-the-trimester-circus is completed, all I need to do this week is study, do the take-home part, and go next Wednesday and be FABULOUS!!! Or at least average.

No comments: