Saturday, January 19, 2008

Notes on the Trip

  • It's always amazing how quickly people can pull together really awesome things to commemorate a loved one. Pictures, memorabilia, poetry and speeches.
  • I keep having some new reason pop into my head as to why this death is so unfair and wrong.
  • There were hundreds of people who came to the viewing and to the funeral.
  • The theme of these mourners was "an honorable man" and "the greatest friend"
  • I hope I have half of these accolades when I'm dead.
  • It was 2 degrees at the cemetery at 3:00 P.M.
  • Grandpas should not die until their grandchildren are adults.
  • We really do have to just go on with our lives, but sometimes it seems almost impossible.
  • His children really did appreciate their dad while he was alive-I'm glad for them; it's so sad they have to live now without him.
  • Check out this view for Resurrection Morning:

No comments: