Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New School

Here are some things I like about my new school:
  • The principal, not the head secretary, actually runs the place.
  • I'm indoors with a classroom that has a window by the door that looks out into the hall.
  • The hall is illuminated by a skylight.
  • I can step out of my door, and lean into some other teacher's class if I have a need to.
  • It smells nice.
  • They have a PTA.
  • It's 1.6 miles from my house, no stoplights.
  • When I go upstairs (we're built into a hillside) to the playground, the Las Vegas Temple dominates the view to the east--it is about three blocks up the street from my school. Cool.
  • Everyday, one of the administrators, or office workers, or another collegue asks me if they can help me in any way---and they REALLY MEAN IT.

1 comment:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

You make me a little homesick. I just left a great school with excellent kids (for 11-13 year olds!), wonderful administration and FRIENDS. Hubby got a job in another state and I had a baby in May. Not ideal conditions for commuting. My oldest starts school next week, so at least there will be a little back to school spirit around here.